top of page
  • Writer's pictureJulie La Blanc

Is your house deed in the name of your trust?

Over the years I have had many clients contact me in a panic because they realized that years ago when they refinanced their home mortgage the bank took the home out of their trust AND never put the deed back into the name of their trust. Don't panic, you can hire a LDA to complete a new deed for you and put your home back into the name of your living trust. This will be prepared, notarized and filed in the appropriate county recorder's office. If you have rental or vacation property you will want to follow the same process with these too. This is also a good time to review all of your assets and make sure that they are either in your trust if appropriate to do so, or have a beneficiary designation.

Editor’s note: Julie La Blanc with Cornerstone Legal Document Services provided this article. I am not an attorney. I can only provide self help services at your specific direction. Alameda County LDA #93, expires 9/14/2020. For additional information, please feel free to contact me at or (925) 337-7011.

95 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page